End Profanity! Back Up Your Computer Files
When it happened, one person I know said five swear words in one sentence. I know another who cried. And, when it happened to me, I got nauseous.
What happened? We each lost some, or all, of our computer files. We backed up our files sporadically or not at all. At some point, loss of data happens to just about everyone without proper prevention. How will you react?
With the demands of day-to-day operations, data backup is often the last of a small business owner’s worries. But, implementing regularly scheduled file backups, whether you have one computer or several on a network, is crucial.
Here are some statistics commonly reported by several data loss sources:
- 100% of disk and tape drives will eventually fail.
- An average of 50% of critical corporate data resides on unprotected PC desktops and laptops.
- 60% of small businesses go out of business within 6 months of a critical data loss.
While tape backup is the traditional approach, it seems it has served its time. Online backup is rapidly displacing tape-based technology; it’s more affordable and provides superior advantages:
- No IT staff is required for installation and maintenance.
- File recovery is simple, fast, and done right at your computer.
- Backup files cannot be lost, stolen, or destroyed in a fire or other disaster.
- Multilevel encryption ensures your data is secure.
- It is affordable for both business networks and home computers.
Think about the impact on your local business if your computer files suddenly were GONE. How would you recover? Could you do business that day? That week? What is your recovery plan? How long would it take? How will it affect your clients and customers?
Think about losing family memories and important documents. The benefit of online solutions trump external hard drives often used for home backup. All your personal and family data—including financial and medical documents, videos, photos, music, and hobbies—are secure with online backup.
We hope this information helps keep your files safe. Check out Quad-B’s online backup services for more information.
See you next week!
P.S. Are you wondering how to string together five swear words in one sentence? Sorry, this blog is rated G.