T’was the night before Christmas, and all through the house,
not a computer was whirring, no clicking of mouse.
The monitors were dim, laptops charging with care,
in hopes that full charges soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
with visions of video games playing in their heads.
After Mom’s late night Facebook, and I a Snapchat,
we had just settled in for a long night’s winter’s nap.

Read More “T’was the Night Before Christmas”

Your domain name is your personal address on the web. It should reflect your company, your business, your products and services, and your geographical area. Oh, and it should be clear and concise while remaining as short as possible too. How do you get all that in such a small domain name? Read below for some pointers.

Read More “What’s In A Domain Name?”

Email promised all sorts of merits compared to physical mail. In theory, it would remove all the possibility for error that arises with physical mail such as costs of delivery, letters getting damaged, wet, lost, delivered to the wrong address, stolen, etc. But in actuality, email just introduces a bunch of problems of its own. For example, it’s entirely possible that someone misses your messages entirely, it could get blocked by their mail server, removed by an administrator, marked mistakenly as spam, accidentally deleted, or a host of other possibilities.

Read More “Save me from the SPAM folder! How to send newsletters (or any emails) that will land in the Inbox”

You’ve heard the term “cloud” before, haven’t you. I bet 99% of you have. But do you actually know what it means? More importantly, do you know what it means for your business? While it may be trendy to jump on the “cloud” bandwagon, it is an important decision that will have drastic effects on your business and how it operates. Keep reading to learn the pros and cons to decide if a cloud-based solution is right for you.

Read More “Hey! You! Get Off of My Cloud! Pros and Perils of a Cloud-Based Business Solution”

One of the common questions we get from clients are those asking if an email they received is valid. Unfortunately for them, this generally opens up a slightly annoying email exchange from us with various questions to try to determine the validity of said email. The answer is, its not a simple process, unfortunately! There are a number of factors to consider.

Read More “What Momma Never Told You About Avoiding Email Scams”

I think we all hate creating voicemail messages. Even for those of us who have done theater, the thought of recording two or three perfect lines in one go psyches us out and leads us to listen to and re-record the same message over and over trying to get that “perfect” message. Well, while I still re-record these messages over and over again, I’ve developed at least a few steps I’d like to share with you to minimize the re-recording process.

Read More “Creating a Voicemail Message Cooler than Michael Jordan”

Windows 10 became available on July 29th 2015. The update will be free for all Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 users via a notification that will appear in the lower right hand corner of the taskbar (known as the System Tray). Much like the updates for cell phones, it will happen in a gradual manner and be rolled out to groups of users at a time so you may not get the update right away.

Read More “Windows 10 is Here! Here’s all you need to know”

Are you wondering if your computer has a virus? Is your computer acting differently than usual? It may be trying to tell you something. Read this list below to see if your computer has any symptoms of a virus. If your computer shows one or more of the signs below, it may be an indication of a nasty virus on your computer.

Read More “Signs Your Computer May Have a Virus”

The easy answer is every 3-5 years. Trends on the web change quickly just like clothing trends. Colors, patterns, and design philosophies mature and evolve over time; you don’t want your website dressed in bell bottoms and a tube top! Of course, the right answer is always a big more complicated than that. Read on for more signs that its time to wash your hands of that old website.

Read More “When Is It Time for a Big Update or a Full Redesign of my Website?”

Address:
Buffalo Wired
875 Hopkins Rd., Buffalo, NY 14221
Phone: 716-213-4444
Fax: 716-213-0612
Email: Click Here
© 1998-2020 Buffalo Wired. All Rights Reserved.